Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Blogging Experience

Before I took written communications, I wasn't that big of a fan of blogging. I knew what it was, but I thought it was pointless. My impressions were that blogs are for people who feel so important that they want the world to conform to their ideas. But now that I took written communication, I think of blogs in a whole new light. Blogs aren't always used to persuade, but to inform as well. I've read a few blogs exaplining events or customs that I never knew about before. I think that the people who actually go through an event should be able to write about what happened, not just a reporter. I also see blogs as being a good way to write about stuff that is on my mind. For example, the world cup is always on my mind so I couldn't resist writing about it. I think that blogging is the more pure way to get news. People who write blogs tell news from their perspective and aren't held to network standards or sensored. For example, we see the middle eastern conflict in a differnt perspective as the people who actually live in Israel, Iran, Iraq, etc. So the most important thing I got from blogging is that everyone has news to share whether he or she knows it or not and blogging is more than just for ranting, it's used in positive ways as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment