Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Stage is Set!

I absolutely can't wait for summer! Why, you ask? It could be because I hate cold weather. It could be because I can ride my motorcycle around without freezing my butt off. But the real reason is that from June 11th to July 11th, the 2010 Fifa World Cup will be taking place. Just recently, there was a random draw of goruping all thirty two teams into 8 groups. As it was on, I was praying that the United States wouldn't be put in "the gorup of death". The group of death is where there are two really, really, good countries that will probably make it past the stage while your country needs to pull of a miracle. For example, Group G has Brazil, North Korea, Cote d'Ivore, and Portugal. Portugal and Brazil are two very dominant countries and there is almost no chance of North Korea or Cote d'Ivore making it too the next stage. The United States got lucky. The US is in group C with England, Slovenia and Algeria. I'm glad we get to play England because there is a mini-rivalary between the England fans and the United States fans. The England fans think they are superior and that the MLS in the United States stands for Mickey-Mouse League Soccer. I think that the United States, with enough determination, can get the first spot in the group, but England will probably get first. Since the top two teams in the group advance, I'm more than confident that the US can get at least second. If we do get second and advance to the normal 16-team bracket tournament that is familar to almost all Americans, we would probably have to go against Germany. To be honest, Germany is a tough team and I'll be shocked if the US can survive the onslaught of the German attack. But anyways, if you want more information on the 2010 FIFA World Cup, I recommend going to Wikipedia because all the information that you need to know on the world cup is conviently located in Wikipedia. So from here, I can only wish the Americans good luck and hopefully the United States wil gain more respect around the world when we showcase our talents at the world cup.

1 comment:

  1. Since you hate winter, read my blog.
    I love the snow!
    Especially driving in it.
    I just have to find parking lots far away where people can't see me. I also like residential areas because there is not enough traffic to ware way the snow so I can drift the corners (4wd truck in 2wd is fun!).

    But I have some news for you:

    YOU LIVE IN WISCONSIN. GET USE TO IT.

    ReplyDelete