Thursday, November 19, 2009

Upcoming Holiday Season

If there is one thing that I am not looking for is the day after thanksgiving. On black friday, I have to work from 3:45AM-2:15PM! It sucks because I don't really get that many breaks. I get two paid fifteen minute breaks and one half hour lunch. That means I have to stand for nine and a half hours and check people out. I work in the kids department so I am not sure how busy it is going to be. I know electronics and hardware are going to be very busy, but I'm unsure about the clothing department. I actually would rather work in hardware, but I have no choice. But from the day after thanks giving until Janurary, it's going to be quite busy. I always complain about how slow it is, but after the holiday season I'll be thankful for not being in a rush all the time. Angry customers usually are the most angry during this time of year too. People hate having to wait a few minutes to check out. I use to get angry as well, but I now don't worry about it because there really is no reason to get angry. I kinda want to get another job that doesn't involve reatail, but there isn't that many jobs out there. I also don't really want to do fast food cause it seems like a hard job and that they have to deal with more angry, unreasonable people as well. The one thing I can't wait for being a police officer is making the rude people pay for their rudeness via tickets or jail time.

1 comment:

  1. You work at Sears right?

    I'd suggest staying out of hardware because a lot of people go to buy tools. I wish I could work a 13 hour day. Don't worry about it too much. When you first open, it will be busy, but it will slow down once the "door buster" sales end. I might be going to Sears for some shelving that is on sale. Still thinking about it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete